Tuesday, October 12, 2010

About the Prologue

The post below this one is the prologue to the novel that I'm trying to write. Please read it and if you have some feedback, leave a comment! Constructive criticism is never ignored and always appreciated!

A little background: I've been contemplating writing a novel for a very long time. I've written dozens of short stories, but they never told the whole story as I saw it in my head because of the short format of a short story. A novel seemed like too monumental of a task for me, but the feeling that I have stories to tell just never stopped and so I just started writing one day earlier this year.

I'm about halfway done with the novel. It's mostly a science fiction book, but I'd like to think that it will appeal to more than just sci fi geeks like myself. It's not overly sciency (is that a word?) and it's not too far out of the realm of plausibility.

The reason that I'm sharing the prologue here is that I'm absolutely dying to share the story with the world, but I know that I have to wait until it's complete, so I decided that it couldn't hurt to share the prologue. It's one part of the story that I'm particularly proud of, and isn't likely to change from here to publication date (if that ever happens!). I hope that you like it!

Favorite song of the moment: Spamtec - Come Around

No comments:

Post a Comment